Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: Bag of Beans, Tagaytay



Date of visit: January 1, 2013







In my previous post, I mentioned that I was disappointed by the food we ordered at Bag of Beans. So, now it baffles me why this place, as of writing, ranks #5 of 51 restaurants in Tagaytay on tripadvisor




The location is strategic, I'll give them that. They're in the middle of the city center, so they're easy to get to. They have a terrace that overlooks the lake - not the best view of Taal, but okay. 









This was my first Bag of Beans experience, and I didn't have the money nor the appetite to eat everything on the menu, so I can only speak of the food we ordered: chicken and pork adobo, breakfast sampler, and shepherd's pie. My verdict: all of them tasteless and overpriced. They all tasted like cheap hotel buffet food, if you know what I mean. This is saying a lot considering my palate is easily pleased (i.e. what normally tastes bad to other  people tastes good to me, what's average tastes exceptional ... you get my drift.)

For something within the price range of CBTL and Starbucks, their coffees, (different kinds so yes, I can say that) or at least the ones were tried, were just fine.



Lois has tried more on their menu and says it seems it's the ambience and location that people come and pay for. They have a tropical glass house thing going on, so the place is ideal for camwhoring. 






I dunno,good restos always serve good food, right? It's not generally hit or miss. Or at least, when they miss, they do not serve anything comparable to cheap hotel buffet food. But for ambience and convenience's sake, I just might give this place another try the next time I'm in Tagaytay (told ya I'm a poet and just didn't know it. Stirring in your grave yet, Shakespeare?).



So pray tell what's good to eat at Bag of Beans? Let me know. Leave me a comment. 


◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Adventure Guide is proudly powered by blogger.com | Design by BLog Bamz Published by Template Blogger