Monday, April 8, 2013

I’ll be heading to the ‘Land of Ten Thousand Lakes’!

We had 400 high school forestry students at the refuge today, so it was “all hands on deck” to handle a crowd like that.  They were here to compete in some practicum forest tests this morning, and then they were free to participate in four venues that we offered for their education and enjoyment on the refuge.  I was stationed at the beginning of the Cane Pole Trail to direct them where they needed to go for an alligator presentation.  It was a busy day with that many young people descending on us, but lots of fun besides.  All of us senior volunteers are pretty well worn out tonight.


When I staggered back to the rig late this afternoon, I turned on the computer to check my email just in case there was a message from Tamarac NWR in northwest Minnesota.  I had that interview yesterday, but wasn’t expecting to hear anything until tomorrow.  Lo and behold, there was an email, and I crossed my fingers before opening it. 


Judith-- I would like to offer you the position here at Tamarac. I think you are a great fit for our needs - you have the  skills and experience we are looking for. Let me know if you would like to spend the summer with us and the loons, wolves, trumpeters and eagles etc... and then we'll go from there.


thanks so much!


Hmm… should I think about this??  Ha Ha!  I was doing a happy dance!  My response:


You Betcha!!  I'll try to be there a little before the bird festival with "Bells" on!  (pun intended)  :)  Let me know what I need to do next...


Ya-Hoo!  Besides the fact that I love the north woods, and haven’t been there in seven years, I also have two sons and three grandchildren that live in Minnesota.  They’re not exactly next door to where I’ll be (Minnesota is a big state), but I’ll only be working three days/week so some trips down to Rochester will be occurring.  I’m a happy camper tonight, and that’s about all that was important to me today…


IMG_2263


                                                                                THE END!!


Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Adventure Guide is proudly powered by blogger.com | Design by BLog Bamz Published by Template Blogger