Monday, April 8, 2013

Enough is enough!

Sorry to say, I’ve had to ban anonymous comments to the blog.  I have been getting 20-30 of those disgusting comments each day, and the Blogger filter wasn’t up to the deluge.  As other bloggers have said, it’s too bad for people that want to comment that aren’t scuzzballs, but enough is truly enough!  I turned off anonymous comments last night, and it was an unbelievable relief to not have to deal with them today.  I suppose they’ll find some other way to gain access, but for now, that’s the way it is.


Even though it was my day off today, I had to attend a staff meeting this morning because of a special event occurring on Thursday.  After that, I just decided to spend the day relaxing.  I’ve been dealing with a messy head cold the last ten days that I hope is abating.  Simply said, between still recuperating from surgery, the cold, and working the last five days, I was worn out.


I also wanted to gather strength for my adventure tomorrow.  My friend Jack, intern Kathy, and I will drive to the west entrance to rent a boat and enjoy that side of the swamp at our own speed.  The skies will be sunny, but the polar air from the north that is gripping the east will be a challenge to bundle up enough for.  Besides several layers of clothes including gloves, I’m bringing my rain pants and poncho to wear over everything to help combat the forecasted winds.  It’s always colder out on the water.  We’ll pack a lunch to take with us.  I’m excited about the prospects of what me might see, but I’m a little apprehensive about Jack’s boat driving abilities.  I believe he was in the Navy at some point, so that should make me feel better, right?  Disappointed smile 


Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Adventure Guide is proudly powered by blogger.com | Design by BLog Bamz Published by Template Blogger